Sunday, August 25, 2019

NOMINÉ-RENARD BRUT CHAMPAGNE

AP 94 PTS ( 08/24/2019 )


Not every day we get to pop into a true french Champagne. Well...that's not true! We do this more often than most people. But actually bust into one for reasons other that sampling or reviewing...not often. 

Last night, we were invited over for dinner at Powerpop and the Chewie abode. Where Mr. Pop and I had planned to drink an entire bottle of Elmer T. Lee. It was a special occasion. We found out we were new soon-to-be parents and Mr. and Mrs. Pop had just celebrated their 30th wedding anniversary and bought a house in the center of Issaquah just across the street from our apartment. Good occasion for a good red wine, a good champagne and a great bourbon. 

I wasn't quite sure of this champagne and being that I'm quite particular to specific Champagne, i.e. Moutard, Bollinger, Pol Roger, Louis Roederer Brut Vintage, and Laurent-Perrier. I've had a bad experience in the past with Moet and Gosset, so something new was on my mind. 

We popped it and poured it. It had very rapid ascending tiny bubbles that Nikki noticed immediately. The nose was of the white lemon pulp that sits between the rind and the actual lemon itself. The mouth, oh boy the mouth. I'll remember what it felt like for a bit of time. It wasn't super fizzy where it would sting the tip of your nose. It was super smooth and easy to get into. Not super earthy, nor was it extremely aciditic. Very well rounded and balanced. This wine is FAR BETTER than Veuve. Which I strongly believe that every time you buy one of those bottles, the orange label gets more orange. You're literally paying for the label on that bottle. A waste of money. This Nominé-Renard...I will carry this. As soon as I'm back in at work, I'll look to see who carries it so that I can order it this week. Nice Wine! 


No comments:

Post a Comment