Sunday, August 25, 2019

SNOQUALMIE BREWING MAILBOX PEAK HAZY IPA

AP 84 PTS (08/25/2019)

Living in the Seattle metro area, we are awarded to the great outdoors like no other place in America. Lush green forests, big wide oceans, peaks up to the top of volcanos to ridge-lines that span for miles and miles. One of those hikes is Mailbox Peak. Just 35 minutes east of Seattle in the foothills of the cascades. Mailbox 4,822 feet above sea level. It's a tough climb. Kick-your-butt climb...and it used to be harder, kick-you-ass climb with a final 1/4 mile scramble straight up. I've climbed Mailbox twice and both times got my ass handed to me by the mountain. What's this have to do with this beer? Well....

I've never been a real big fan of Snoqualmie Brewing. All their beer tastes the same. Recently my good friend Fezz started working there and I started hearing really positive things about what the new owners at Snoqualmie have been intending to do or have begun to do. New canning line-up, a hazy, events...I mean, really putting time and effort into this brewery. Awesome!! I asked Fezzie if he could bring me something interesting that Snoqualmie was currently making. His eyes popped wide open! This is because he's known that I'm not a fan of the brewery and that I wouldn't carry their products, so when I asked for something new from them, all Fezzie saw was an opportunity. 

Fezz brought me the Snoqualmie Brewing Mailbox Peak Hazy IPA. Just like the mountain near this brewery, this beer was a kick-in-the-butt. All it's trying to do is kick me in my ass! It's totally one sided and all you get is a frozen hop mash. On the flip side, they've managed to make it hazy. Which should help with the sales cuz I'm still not buying it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment