Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Gilgamesh Brewing Co. Ridgeway IPA

I recently got the opportunity to taste the Gilgamesh Brewing Ridgeway IPA. I wasn't really sure what to expect and I had just gone through 4 or 5 other IPAs from the Bend Oregon area. My mouth was a bit shot, but I found a few BBQ Pork sliders and cleared up my palate. I had never heard of this brewery prior to this tasting, but after an hour or so talking to other beer and wine buyers, the name Ridgeway IPA kept popping up. "Great medium hopped IPA!" was what kept coming up. So when I reached their table, I didn't hesitate to ask for it.

When it comes to medium palate IPAs, I'm a huge fan of Uintas Hop Nosh IPA. The Hop Nosh IPA is mellow and unoffensive, yet has this mild bite that leaves it's mark. I truly love that beer and it's become my "go-to" mild IPA...until now!!!! The Ridgeway IPA is exactly that, a mild IPA that's not forceful, yet has that kick without leaving a mark. A perfect football and beer IPA. I just hope to see it in some sort of six-pack in the future. This is a must try!! AP Rating: 92 points 11/04/15

No comments:

Post a Comment