Wednesday, July 15, 2015

Kronenbourg 1664

When I asked my wife if she wanted me to pop a Bordeaux on Bastille Day, she looked at me and told me I was nuts. "It's 95 degrees outsides!" she exclaimed. Then I told her we had a few 1664s in the fridge and she nodded a sign of approval. This is how we celebrated Bastille Day this year.

The Kronenbourg 1664 has been a staple in all of western Europe since just before WWII. I remember watching my dad drink this as a little boy. Every time I'd return home to France, one of the first things I'd do is go into a bistro, order a "Seize" (16). This is still one of my favorite 'green' beers. It's crisp, has a bold back-end that keeps going and is perfect for hot summer days. Compared to it's major competitors, that being, Heineken, Carlberg and Elephant, I'd drink absolutely drink this over those. Even though it's about 10 bones a 6 pack. Easily.
AP Rating: 91 points 7/14/15

No comments:

Post a Comment