Monday, June 15, 2015

Crabbie's Ginger Beer

Ginger beer?!? I know Ginger Ale, ginger with sushi, a ginger root and my all-time favorite, Vernor's from Michigan, but alcoholic ginger beer?!? Hmmmm...Crabbies. Some bloke in the UK decided there wasn't enough beer breweries so he decided to brew ginger beer. Not really what I expected. I expected something with full on ginger flavors and almost repulsive, but what I got was a pleasant ginger nose almost like the Vernors or Reeds. Upon tasting this, I got a slight orange and citrus note that balances the finish quite well. An interesting alternative to beer.

Gluten-free drinkers can feel at ease as this is one of those very few products they can drink like a beer. There are too many gluten-free beers out there that are inconsistent or just plain old "junk", but that's a blog for another day. I promise! As for this ginger beer...yes, it's good. Try it! AP Rating: 87 points 6/15/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment