Thursday, September 5, 2019

FRONTERA CONCH Y TORO MALBEC 2017

(09/05/2019) AP 88 Pts. 


OK...I'm not looking for anything fancy, and I'm a bit repulsed by comments from people saying that I'm a wine snob!! Look what I'm drinking tonight!!!!!! It's Frontera! I had to look for a vintage! 

There's a good reason why I'm meddling with jug wine. That's because I'm looking for one. Three years ago, I carried Robert Mondavi 1.5 Liter bottles, and then they went to Constellation Brands and I said, "Bye-Bye!". Now I carry CK Mondavi and I'm feeling that they're getting a bit stale. So why not find something new before the holidays!?! 

I like it!! Actually, I'm on my second glass! I'M ON MY SECOND GLASS of this once considered "SHIT WINE!" I really kinda like it. I'm able to have 2 glasses. It's fruit forward, tastes like a Malbec and is BARGAIN for the large format price! Maybe the only thing it's missing is a bit of tannin, but shit....!!! What can you expect for a $14 large format bottle of wine. This wine is really good. I will ABSOLUTELY buy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment