Monday, August 5, 2019

COPPERWORK'S SINGLE MALT WHISKEY 022

COPPERWORK'S SINGLE MALT WHISKEY - Rel. #022

Every day I see any where from 3 to 50 new labels and products of beer, wines, ciders, tequila and much more. My current favorite catagory in the wine & spirits industry is Bourbon. Love it!! I love the rustic sweet roasted caramel nuances of a well made high-powered bottled-in-bond bourbon. A few good examples would be Colonel E.H. Taylor Small Batch, McKenna 10 and the ever so elusive Old Fitzgerald 11 BIB. I also love scotch. And then there's american whiskey. Not Bourbon, not rye, simply american whiskey. This includes, Oola Waitsburg American whiskey, Traverse City Distilling and Fremont Mischief. Tonight I review one. Here's what I got. 

Immediately upon opening and pouring it, I got lightly roasted banana and pancake aromas. "Invitingly sweet", I thought. The colour in the glass is dark   straw-ish, yet shows me that it hasn't really been aged for very long. 30 months to be exact. I understand that they distill in custom made copper stills specially designed to distill different types of spirits. From vodkas to gins to this, an american whiskey. 

Knowing a bit of background about this distillery, I was confident to sink my teeth into it. The nose was obviously inviting and the colour wasn't scary, but man was the taste intense. I'd love to say it was pleasantly intense, but I'd be lying. It's really really hot. Hot all-around! from start to finish and then some. The flavors I got from the nose are still there, but the heat from the distillation has destroyed it's capability to taste and "ENJOY" the flavors equally from the alcohol. It would be different if it disappeared after a small amount of time after I swallowed it, but it doesn't. It keeps kicking and kicking. If I want a bottle that's gonna kick my butt with heat and whiskey flavor, I'd spend far less money buying a bottle of Fire Ball. At least with Fire Ball, I'll have cinnamon breath and I'll be the life of the party. For $53 bucks plus Washington State Liquor Tax, that's about $75. I'll pass! Although, if it's the only thing available on a domestic 3-hour or more flight...sure...unless they've got Chivas. 

I'd love to see what Copperworks does in the future. I do like the vodka and I think they're on a roll with the Gin. The Whiskey needs help! And I think that help is gonna come in the form of "time". Time in barrel! I'll revisit this in 2 years or release #050, which ever comes first. 

84 PT (AP - 08/07/2019)



No comments:

Post a Comment