Sunday, August 11, 2019

GEORGETOWN BREWING: JOHNNY UTAH PALE ALE (HAZY)

93 PTS (08/10/2019)

I love beer and when a good beer comes along, I usually retire with that one. Let me explain...I usually get anywhere between 6 to 20 beer samples per week. That's a lot of beer. It's really hard tasting through all of these. I sip most of them and move on. A good amount of them end up in the sink and the can into recycling. My neighbors must think I'm an alcoholic, LOL! 

This beer was great! I mean, good enough for me to actually buy a six-pack and enjoy it over the course of the week. I even gave one to my assistant and left a can for my neighbor in front of his door. Damn good beer. 

I'm not a big fan of Manny's simply because I always get heckled by people that want me to have it on tap. Every bar in the Seattle area has this on tap!! "Go get a pint or a growler there.", I keep thinking to myself. Georgetown's Bodhizafa is really good, but canning issues at Georgetown has plagued it and is never always in stock at the distributor. The Johnny Utah is brand new. I was only allocated 10 cases and believe it or not, it's almost gone. Two days and it's almost gone. Sheesh!! 

The package is solid. Bright sky blue with that same Bodhizafa orange. Sharp!! Couldn't be any better. I kept this 6-pack cold and brought it home and couldn't wait to try it. Crack!!! I didn't even wait to pour it into a glass. 

Tasting it was an experience. One that I don't often get from beer. A few have struck me like this beer in the past, but it's really far and few between. This hazy pale ale is NO JOKE!! A blast of grapefruit essence that didn't forcefully pound the inside of my mouth with hops. It was very very well balanced. Medium-hoppiness, lots of flavor, grapefruit, hazy action. I decided to look at the beer in a pint glass. One pour and you could see the qualify in this beer., Beautiful light hazy greenish-yellow. The smell of this beer overwhelmed my ability to analyze the beer's color some more. I had to try it in the glass....Awesome! "Forget the review.", I thought. And so I did. 

This is a great beer! Stacks up with the Belching Beaver Phantom Bride, the 2017 Fort George 3-way IPA, the Old Schoolhouse RUUD Awakening IPA. Damn good beer. Get it while it lasts. 

No comments:

Post a Comment