Saturday, June 13, 2015

Breakside Brewery Wanderlust IPA

After being exposed to IPAs for the past 10 years, I guess you can consider me a "hop-head". However, I've recently been exposed to every type of beer in the market. Everything from IPAs, lagers, Imperials, stouts, barley wines, ciders, pilsners, etc...but I still revert back to IPAs. I have had to create 3 different types of india pale ales due to the fact that I taste so many different types. The Freshly squeezed hops IPA, the citrus IPA and the mild IPA.

Breakside Brewery Wanderlust IPA: I have my favorites for 2015...so far! As for freshly squeezed hopped IPAs, I have had quite a few and it seems to be where hop-heads have been going to years. I loved the Elysian Space Dust and I didn't resist on the Deschutes Fresh Squeezed IPA, but I've never tasted anything as good as the Breakside Brewery "Wanderlust" IPA. Absolutely awesome beer. We tasted this beer next to several other IPAs in it's category and this one dominated every single one. So much that all those other IPAs felt one or two sided next to this big boy. This beer is a hop-head's wet dream. Literally tastes like fresh squeezed hops, yet easy enough to drink. Very well balanced bitterness with a super mild sweetness to it. The finish was long, but not abrasive and not repulsive. I truly love this beer. Keep cranking them Breakside! AP Rating 94 Points 6/13/2015

No comments:

Post a Comment