- Cabernet Sauvignon
- Syrah / Shiraz
- Pinot Noir
- Sauvignon Blanc
- Pinot Grigio / Pinot Gris
And the wines had to cost under $16.00 before taxes.
Not easy finding wines with that price point. The Winos also knew that the wines could not include, even if it was blend with a minimal amount, any of those varietals. They were put to the test. They all did extremely well.
We all met last sunday at EBP on the roof deck for this event. This time, unlike most events, we drew a very large group of about 20 to 22 Winos. Some Winos brought some friends and some brought their dogs. But every Wino had a bottle in hand. Very cool.
- 2008 Novelty Hill Stillwater Creek Vnyd. Roussanne http://www.noveltyhillwines.com/
- 2009 J. Bookwalter Winery Tercet White http://www.bookwalterwines.com/
- 2009 Mt. Baker Vineyards Muller-Thurgau http://www.mountbakervineyards.com/
- 2009 Bainbridge Vineyards Muller-Thurgau http://www.bainbridgevineyards.com/
- 2008 Airfield Estates Mustang Red http://www.airfieldwines.com/2006
- Willow Crest Winery Cabernet Franc http://www.willowcrestwinery.com/
- 2007 Skylite Cellars Walla Walla Malbec http://www.skylitecellars.com/
- 2006 Morrison Lane Estate Winery Carmenere http://www.morrisonlane.com/
- N/V Pacific Rim Winery Autumnus Red http://www.pacificrimwinery.com/
- 2007 Two Mountains Winery Rattlesnake Hills Lemberger http://www.twomountainwinery.com/
- 2007 Camaraderie Cellars Cabernet Franc http://www.camaraderiecellars.com/
- 2007 Stomani Cellars Columbia Valley Dolcetto http://www.stomanicellars.com/
And Baise brought us the Cherry on-top, that one wine that makes every head turn. This is the kind of wine that will take a beer drinker and turn them into a very high-maintenance wine drinker. Baise brought us a 375 ml. bottle of 2006 Covey Run Reserve Semillon Ice Wine http://www.coveyrun.com/. For a bottle of Ice Wine that costs in the low $20's, I was fairly impressed. I'm not a huge fan of Covey Run Winery, but this little treasure takes the cake. As for myself, my favorite wine of the day was the 2007 Skylite Cellars Malbec. I tasted this wine when I bought it at the tasting room last month. I really liked it. And I loved it this time. Unfortunately for me, I can't buy it here. I'd have to drive out to Walla Walla to buy more. Oh well, I guess I'll have to drive out to Walla Walla soon. Such a hard life.