Sunday, August 25, 2019

SQUARE MILE ROSÉ APPLE CIDER

AP 88 PTS (08/25/2019)

Last week I tasted a Mango Hefe from Golden Road Brewing that was not that bad. It was good enough for me to replace Schoffenhoffer Radler with. This week, I'm tasting Square Mile Rose Apple Cider and this is actually good enough to beat out ACE Pink Cider and replace Angry Orchard Rose Apple Cider. So, hmm, yep...that's what I'm going to do. 

There's something much more interesting about these two brands that is not known by many people. That is that they're both owned by Anheuser-Busch...or Budweiser...or Inbev...or the Belgians. Since Inbev has owned Budweiser, they've been on a tear to buy out anyone that wants that is greedy enough to sell-out for $10 million. Anyone!...from 10 Barrel, to Red Hook, to Elysian, Golden Road, Goose Island, and now Square Mile. At first I was repulsed by all this, but now I'm starting to open my eyes a bit and at least open-minded enough to give them a taste. So far, I've only found 2, out of about 20. 

This Square Mile cider is one to one and a half sided. It tastes like apples and has this zest of an apple cider, but it's also got this bright red rose feel to it mid to end of the palate. I actually dig this. It's refreshing and sure of itself and not sweet nor is it too dry. Right down the middle. If I can drink an entire 12 ounce bottle, then it's good enough for my guests. 

No comments:

Post a Comment