Sunday, August 25, 2019

ROGUE PARADISE PUCKER

AP 88 PTS (08/25/2019)

My wife and I live 468 paces from our front door to the Rogue Ales Issaquah Alehouse just to the east of Seattle. 468 paces!! This makes us not only Rogue Nation citizens, but we're also Pint Club Members. So, we love our Rogue!! My go-to Rogue ale is the Outta Line IPA. It used to be the 7 Hop, but the Outta Line is a bit more on the crisp side. Just really well made. My wife is a fan of the Brutal IPA. A much darker IPA with a multi-layered finish. I was recently presented to a Rogue Paradise Pucker bottle. I know this product sells well in my store and I know it's got a local cult following, so I was excited to taste it. 

I've recently been interested in trying goses or sours or cysers or whatever you wanna call them! This Paradise Pucker isn't by any means the best I've ever had, but man is it quenching. Off the top, I get guava and orange and all throughout I get residuals of passionfruit and guava. Long, long tail end makes this sour, the kinda sour I won't just pour down the drain. So, if you want a refreshing sour that's not super complex or not the best that you've ever had but you just want something that's solid and exactly what it tells you it will be, this is the sour for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment